Thursday, November 29, 2007

Holiday Spirit

My cousin is one of the best guys I know. He's the type of guy that would give you his last dollar. One year he gets hooked up with a company that sells Christmas trees. He starts out as a helper but gets promoted to the boss of his own stand the following year. My cousin starts out with one of the biggest tree lots they have. Work was pretty slow for me so I would come down and work for tips. We both start out with a Gung-ho attitudes. All positive moral was gone after dealing with ball breaking women and little bastard kids for a week. Now the company he was working for was great because they didn't give two shits about how you talked to customers. We decide to add a few polices of our own. One of them was that we refused to help customers anymore. I had a women come up to the stand and asked "how do I pick a tree". OHHHHH boy, I respond with "well see you hold it up, look at it, and then you bring it over to me". She tries to tell me that she didn't bring anyone to hold the tree for her. I told her that I wasn't a fucking tree stand. As you can imagine that was one of the many no sales to come. Every time it rained my cousin would hide in his car playing xbox or watching movies. Most of the time people would come in and leave cause they couldn't find him but if he had to get out of his car I felt sorry for you. Most of the time he told them "what are you a asshole can't you see its raining". LOL more loss of sales. One day I am ringing up customers and I yell to him while he's in the bathroom. He opens the port a john door (still sitting on the bowl) and yells "what the F$@# can't these people see im busy". I start dying laughing. What do you know by the end of the season we were one of the best money making stands. I'm still in amazement.