Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Grandfather

I never met my grandfather. He died before I was born. He was about 4 foot 11 inches but would fight anyone at the drop of a hat. Now almost every week the cops would stop by the house to pick up either my father or grandfather for something they did.

Almost every Thursday my grandfather would be out hitting the local bars. One of his favorites was a bar called the Neutral corner on 55th and 8th ave. This Thursday would be a little different then most. My grandfather after many hours of boozing comes staggering out of the bar. A cop car had pulled up about five minutes before and the two cops inside had gone into a deli. What do you know they left the keys to the car in the ignition. Well my grandfather decides to jump into the front seat and take off with the cop car. My father is walking down the street towards my grandfathers house and sees a cop car up on the side walk. My father goes up the stairs and finds my grandfather past out on the floor with a Chihuahua sleeping on his chest. As you can imagine the cops showed up soon after.