Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Swan Dive

Another story about my uncle Roger. My uncle was married to this little troll looking women in the later years of his life. She really wasn't liked by anyone because she acted like a tom boy. Kind of women who thought she could go toe to toe in a fist fight with a man. She had a bad attitude and christ she definitely wasn't anything to look at. Kind of looked like the character from the leprechaun movies. Anyway, my uncle really did have feelings for her and found out she was messing around on him. At that time they were living in Rutherford, New Jersey and I she started to be known as the town blow job. My uncle freaked out, drank till he was shit faced, and got on a bus to the city. He went to the old apartment on 45th where his brothers were still living. He decided to take a walk up to the roof. Well about a half hour later a huge crash is heard and everyone runs outside to see what the noise was. My uncle had fallen 5 stories onto the top of a BMW car. Totally destroying the vehicle and doing some serious damage to the left side of his body. Nobody knows exactly what happened up on that roof. Whether he was pushed or jump is still a mystery. My uncle was in the hospital for a total of 6 months. For most of that time the doctors said he would never walk, talk, and function like a normal person again. The first time my uncle was able to speak he told the doctor "I'm gonna get everything back you asshole, just watch". My uncle was able to do all the things he use to do. He might have moved a lot slower and it was a little harder for him to remember things but that was only because he lost 30% of his functioning brain. Tough bastard my uncle was. You'll be missed Roger :)