Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Great Trade

My uncle Roger was some guy. He had done every kind of drug in the book. That also included the use of heroin at one point. He seemed to know everyone and he was pretty well liked. Roger would sell anything though and I mean anything. When he was doing heroin he had sold his mother's wedding band for another blast up the arm. Roger had slept with thousand's of hookers. That is not an exaggeration either.

One day Roger and I were hanging outside the old apartment on 45th and 10th ave. Some guy I never seen before came up to Roger and shook his hand. I had never seen this guy before. That was just like uncle Roger, he knew everyone. This guy had some old bicycle with him and asked Roger if he could watch it for him for an hour. Roger did and after about ten minutes Roger said to me "Stay here, Ill be right back". Roger took the bike and walked a block or two over. He came back over about ten minutes later with a bag in his hand but no bike, I asked "oh what did you do with the bike?". Roger had gone into the Chinese food store and asked them to buy the bike off him for twenty dollars LOL. They wouldn't give him twenty dollars for the bike. He even brought the price down to fifteen dollars and they still wouldn't buy it off him. So I asked my uncle " So what happened, you only got ten dollars for the bike?". He replied " No I got a half chicken with pork fried rice and an egg roll". LOL one of the best meals I had ever shared.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket